Last Updated on by
If the outside temperature is 120 degrees, then the temperature inside a parked vehicle with its windows rolled up will be approximately 135 degrees. That’s enough heat to cook a cheap dashcam. If you live in Arizona or Phoenix, then you might have experienced hot temperature waves when even the steering wheel gets hot enough to burn your hands.
The best front and rear dash can 2020 review will highlight the best products and a comprehensive buying guide to help you secure the most reliable item
This is a low-profile dash cam that will sit unnoticed behind a rare mirror. The Sony Exmor Sensor captures everything, for a backup in the event of an incident on the road. The sharp full 1080p resolutions ensure everything is captured in crystal clear images. The expandable 170-degrees field of view enables full road coverage.
You can quickly and securely mount the cam to the windshield in seconds using the double-sided 3M pads. It's also easy to unmount. The product is powered by the car" 12/21V socket through a dual-port USB car charger. It automatically powers on and starts recording once you start the car. It stops when you switch off the engine. This cam is engineered to withstand extreme heat and cold and has a long operational lifetime.
The emergency recording mode is activated by the built-in gravity sensor, which automatically captures the unexpected incidents on the road. Time-lapse recording creates a time-lapse video of your driving journey. HDR and other enhancements capture clear images when driving at night
The cam is available on Amazon, and it comes with a 24-month warranty.
Vantrue is your best driving partner. It's the most popular and widely spread Uber dash cam you can find on the market. It's suitable for Uber and taxi drivers who want to capture everything in their line of business. The cam offers a stable performance. Thanks to the advanced NOVATEK processor, the four infrared LEDs, robust Sony Starvis, and other powerful features.
Unlike cheap dash cams, this camera utilizes the OV4689 sensor for the front camera for enhanced visibility. In addition to the dual 1089p recording, the product also comes with a 1920 x 1080p single front cam, which is the best image quality dual camera in the market.
The cam has an excellent audio recording with a built-in camera. The time-lapse function inevitably takes photos at specified intervals. 24-hours motion activated parking mode makes the camera automatically record when it detects motion. The versatile cam is ideal for taxis, commuters, families, and lyft drivers.
The camera is available on Amazon and gives you total peace of mind as it comes with a full 18m warranty.
Finding the best dashboard camera can be an uphill task. But if you know what to look for, the process will be seamless. These are some of the essential factors to consider when securing a heat-resistant dash camera;
• Cooling events – A heat-resistant cam will naturally produce heat when operating as well as absorbing heat from the sun. That's why you need to consider cooling vents as an essential feature to consider.
• GPS (external) – Some dashboards cameras feature GPS capabilities. Some models have external while others have built-in. Models with external GPS units are considered better in regulating heat.
• Capacitor – Dashboard camera will either have a capacitor or built-in lithium-ion battery. Capacitor dash cams are excellent at resisting heat compared to the average battery-powered cams.
➢ Battery Type
Dashboard cams either have a capacitor or a battery. However, capacitors are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions. They are reliable and durable. Supercapacitors provide a wide operating temperature range and more recharge cycle.
➢ Overall Temperature Ratings
Temperature ratings vary from one manufacturer to another. However, the standard operating range is from 14 to 140°F. For excellent performance and durability, choose a product with over 165°F.
➢ Mount Type and Position
Each cam is designed with a different mounting system. However, a suction cup mounting type is the most reliable and stable. Before mounting your cam, ensure you clean off the area to provide quality stick.
Cooling vents are essential as they help in cooling off the dash cams. Vents are designed to allow seamless cooling.
A good dash cam for heat resistant should be durable and designed with unique parts to handle higher temperatures. It should be powered by a capacitor instead of a lithium battery or NiCad. A cooling vent is essential as it allows the electric circuit to displace heat. This guide will help you get the right product and at an affordable price.
➢ What is the highest rated dash cam?
- The most top rated dash cam is AUKEY Dash Cam 1080 Dashboard Camera Recorder, which is available on amazon. The cam captures any incident with a full 1920 x 1080 resolution for high-quality images. The cam is readily available on amazon.
➢ What is the best 4k dash cam?
- When you rummage through amazon, you will find a plethora of 4K dash cameras. They all claim to provide stellar performance. A snapshot taken by a 4k dashboard camera contains 8 million pixels. More pixels mean incredibly high pixel density. However, a 4K dashboard camera consumes more power, and it's expensive.
➢ What is a supercapacitor dash cam?
- A supercapacitor is a component that generates energy that is often used in dash cams. It's more efficient than a cam powered by a battery. However, supercapacitor cams are expensive, and they usually turn off automatically after the power is cut.