This blog post is a tutorial on how to test a compressor with a multi-meter. It will go over the basics of what you need, what to do and why it matters. Read on if you want to find out more about this!
The first thing that we are going to need for this project is our multimeter, some wire and an alligator clip. The next step in our process is opening up the compressor – make sure not to skip this step or else your measurements won’t be accurate. One key thing that we have to remember when looking at these readings is that they are measured in volts DC (direct current). If there’s one voltage reading that stands out from everything else it means there’s something wrong with the
1. The easiest way to test a compressor is with a multimeter
2. You can also use an ammeter or volt meter, but these are more complicated and require more time
3. To test the current draw of a compressor, plug in your multimeter into the outlet where you have plugged in your compressor
4. If there’s no reading on the display after waiting for 30 seconds, then it means that there is no power going to your circuit
5. It could be because you have accidentally turned off the breaker switch or if you’re using extension cords which may not be able to handle enough current
6. If there is still no reading on the screen after this, then it might mean that something has gone wrong with your compressor
It can be overwhelming to know how to test a compressor. Fortunately, there are three different ways you can go about doing so with the help of either your multimeter or ammeter if needed. If you don’t have one handy and need something quick for now, we recommend using the easiest way which is unplugging it from its power source and checking out whether any reading comes up on your multimeter after 30 seconds. This should give you an idea as to what’s wrong with it before buying another tire inflator best suited for your needs. Looking to buy a tire compressor? Check here!