No matter how many time you adjust bass and treble levels is the audio is constantly murky?
One of the first things music lovers replace in their car are the factory speakers. A new set of 6.5 speakers can dramatically improve audio and voice clarity. However, with all the different makes and models available for sale it can be tough to find the what is the best 6.5 speaker for clarity set for you.
Rockford Fosgate R165x3 Speaker
JL Audio C5-653 Evolution C5 Series speaker
Alpine SPR-60 Type-R amplifier speaker
Table of Contents
- 1 Kicker 40cs654 speaker
- 2 Focal ES 165Kx2 speaker
- 3 Rockford Fosgate R165x3 Speaker
- 4 JL Audio C5-653 Evolution C5 Series speaker
- 5 Alpine SPR-60 Type-R amplifier speaker
- 6 Top 11 Best 6.5 inch Car Speakers for Clarity
- 7 1. Kicker 40cs654 speaker - Top Sounding 6.5 Inch Speaker
- 8 2. Focal ES 165Kx2 speaker - Good Midbass Option
- 9 3. Rockford Fosgate R165x3 Speaker
- 10 4. JL Audio C5-653 Evolution C5 Series speaker
- 11 5. Alpine SPR-60 Type-R amplifier speaker
- 12 6. Infinity Kappa 60.11CS speaker
- 13 7. JBL GX602 speaker
- 14 8. Pioneer TS-A1670F A Series speaker - Best Budget 6.5 speakers for the Money
- 15 9. Focal Access 165 CA1 speaker
- 16 10. Hertz Audio DCX 165.3 speaker
- 17 11. Polk Audio DB651 speaker
- 18 Buying Guide
- 19 Conclusion
To ensure your new best 6.5 speakers will give you the best audio clarity, here’s a look at some of the top-rated speakers.
Check out our guide on the best interior car speakers in 2020.
Top 11 Best 6.5 inch Car Speakers for Clarity
Important Note: It is important to remember to check your vehicle’s specifications before upgrading your new best 6.5 speakers for clarity. Most are compatible with all systems vehicles, but it is still a good idea to be sure. The last thing you want is to find out that the speakers do not fit.
1. Kicker 40cs654 speaker - Top Sounding 6.5 Inch Speaker
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to upgrade your factory car speakers. Kicker’s 40cs654 speaker can provide some of the best of cost effective speakers that will still give you the powerful amplifier you want. Your musical nuances that your old speakers would never be able to reproduce.
Best 6.5 Component Speaker for the Money
The 6.5 inch car speakers have a polypropylene woofer cone, with a polyester foam surround and with top rated voice coil attached to the apex of a loudspeaker . The woofers are designed for durability, so they will last for years. Lower frequency response have that deep kick you are looking for, and the PEI tweeters ensure higher rangers are clear and crisp.
If you are worried about dust and other particles getting into the speakers, they come with protective grille covers. The foam surround also adds protection, so you can enjoy great sounding music for years.
- Kicker car speakers come with a one year factory warranty.
- They have a sensitivity rating of 90dB.
- 40cs654 speakers have a frequency response of 40-20,000HZ.
- The speakers can handle up to 100 watts RMS
- Some of the lower frequencies might not be as heavy as you would like.
2. Focal ES 165Kx2 speaker - Good Midbass Option
If you can afford the best, take a look at the ES 165K car speakers from Focal. They are part of their K2 Power series, and they do deliver optimal sound. These are some of the best Factory speakers car , they are also the most expensive. There is a good reason why these 6.5 speakers come with a high price tag.
First of all, these amplifier speakers are handcrafted in France. The component car speakers are designed and updated to produce perfect audio speaker. You’ll be able to hear all the musical dynamics and depth for a more realistic listening experience. It is a 2 ohm system so maximum power is taken from the amp giving your music more punch.
We rank this the best speaker under $200.
The “w” woofer cone provides exceptional tonal frequencies . The woofers are constructed from glass fiber and Kevlar, so they can handle the power needed for heavy bass speaker . To minimize any distortion a rubber surround wraps the woofers. There is even a phase plug so you can enjoy a longer frequency response.
The tweeters have an inverted “m” shaped design. This allows for amazing precision, up to 22,000 Hz infinity power handling frequencies. They also come with K2 power crossovers, so frequencies are delivered to the right components for exceptional powerful audio clarity.
- Two-way external crossover for amazing clarity.
- There are three level settings on the tweeters for audio brightness control.
- Protective grilles protect the speakers from foreign objects.
- Eight speed clips are included for secure and easy installation.
- The price of these speakers may be higher than some consumers can afford to pay.
3. Rockford Fosgate R165x3 Speaker
You don’t want the cheapest car speakers on the market, but you also don’t have the budget for the top dollar models. There are several mid-range options that include rockford fosgate r165x3 car speakers. You will be amazed at the sound clarity they produce for most frequency response.
These are three-way factory speakers, so the woofers, tweeters, and midrange drivers are separate components. This gives you better sound quality. rockford fosgate r165x3 gave sensitivity rating is 91dB and RMS is 45 watts. You will get plenty of power and optimal sound, even at higher volumes.
The speakers are lightweight but also built to last. The Rockforward fostage R165x3 woofers are polypropylene and the tweeters are constructed from a blend of titanium and mylar. A steel frame helps to protect the speakers, along with the rubber surround. The rubber surround also helps to minimize distortion when the bass is cranked up.
- Highs are crisp and clear, along with mid-range frequencies.
- The Rockforward fostage R165x3 car speakers are built to last for years.
- You will appreciate their budget friendly mid-range price.
- Speakers have an attractive design.
- Lower range frequencies can be a little muddy at high volume.
4. JL Audio C5-653 Evolution C5 Series speaker
These best component speakers will reproduce audio that is balanced and handle smooth speaker. will provide Everything from the best voice coil material thump of a bass guitar to the crash of a cymbal will be sharp and clear. This is a three-way car speaker product system, and you might have to make a few adjustments when it comes to mounting it to midrange drivers.
However, the three-way system speaker does ensure that almost all frequency ranges will be crystal clear, You won’t be disappointed in audio clarity. This is due to the premium build of the components, including the midrange drivers.
Midrange frequencies are handled by the 4-inch speakers that help to define vocals and instruments. The 6.5-inch factory speakers have an extended cone to improve airflow and frequency response for extra oomph when the bass kicks in.
The tweeters have four positions for higher ranges and three for the mid frequencies. This allows you to make any adjustments for brightness, so your music sounds just the way you want it to.
- The speakers are surrounded by a cast alloy frame that also allows for cooling to prevent overheating.
- With a frequency response of 48-25,000Hz, most frequencies will be bright and clear.
- There are grilles on the woofers and midrange components.
- The speakers have a sensitivity rating of 89.5dB.
- The speakers can be a little difficult to install in some smaller vehicles due to the midrange components.
5. Alpine SPR-60 Type-R amplifier speaker
Best brand to offer for your Love for music speaker, the Alpine SPR-60 car amplifier speakers are best designed systems to handle plenty of powerful volume. You’ll get a well-rounded superior amplifier speaker with enough bass to rock your vehicle . You don’t even need to add an external amplifier. If you do, you might even be able to rattle other drivers’ windows.
The woofer cones speaker are multi-layered for a strong voice coil material, deep bass response. The surround is specifically designed to extend the cone’s movement for a consistent and clear response. The tweeters are constructed from a silk material that reduces the shrillness you often get from highs at louder volumes.
There is also a mounted EG ring in the front of the tweeters to expand the “sweet spot”. This way you do not have “audio dead zones” in your car. You can also swivel the tweeters to your preferred position. Whether it is the passenger or driver’s seat.
- The power range is 2-100 watts RMS.
- The speakers have a sensitivity rating of 88dB.
- Adapters are included for easier installing, along with speed clips.
- The speakers come with protective grilles for longer life.
- Without an outboard amp, bass levels may not be a full as you’d like
6. Infinity Kappa 60.11CS speaker
These car speakers are designed to withstand rugged conditions, while still producing great audio. You will be able to hear every detail in your favorite music track, almost if you were at a live concert.
Soft dome tweeters produce natural sounding highs, and they are also edge-driven. This design gives you a larger tweeter that is capable of handling more power and delivering a smooth response, even in mid-range frequencies. You can choose where you mount the tweeters, flush or surface.
The glass fiber woofers with plus one technology were made for bass. The glass fiber material holds the cone steady so bass is refined and punchy, even at high levels. The plus one technology enlarges the cone’s surface. This way the bass compliments the higher frequencies. One frequency won’t overpower the other so music is heard as it was meant to be.
- Crossovers ensure that the right frequencies are sent to the proper components.
- The speakers have a sensitivity rating of 93dB.
- Frequency response is 45-35,000Hz
- Adapter rings are included for simple installation
- You will need to purchase additional universal straps to connect the speakers to a factory car stereo.
7. JBL GX602 speaker
These car speakers are designed for sound quality and for appearance. They have a contemporary look that you’ll be proud to show off, once they are installed.
With the patented plus one design, the woofer cone has an extended surface area. It is also constructed from polypropylene. Not only is this material durable, but it also frequency responds well to mid bass audio.
If you listen to a lot of higher frequencies, the edge-driven tweeter has you covered. It expands the frequency response range so all of the mid and highs sound crystal clear. Once you start listening to your music on the GX602 car speakers, you’ll wonder why it took so long to replace your old ones.
- The speakers have a low impedance to draw more power from your stereo for better sound quality.
- Frequency response is 50 to 21,000Hz.
- Sensitivity rating for the speakers is 92dB.
- The speakers come with JBL’s one year warranty.
- Lower frequencies might not have the “oomph” you want
8. Pioneer TS-A1670F A Series speaker - Best Budget 6.5 speakers for the Money
These three-way speakers will surprise with their sound clarity, even though they are budget priced. Pioneer has a long standing reputation for its home and car stereo systems, and this holds true for the TS-A1670F factory car speakers.
You’ll love the clean, and polished look for the speakers. They also have mesh grilles to protect the speakers from foreign particles. The woofers have a polypropylene cone that is injected with mica and carbon for durability and improved sound quality.
Along with the mid-range component they have 3/8-inch tweeters that are capable of producing crystal clear highs, even when the volume is turned all the way up. With three separate components working together, you can get exceptional audio at an affordable price.
- The speakers are simple to install
- You will love the budget-friendly price.
- The frequency range is 37 to 24,000 Hz.
- You even get ear buds with the car speakers.
- Power can be lacking at higher volumes.
9. Focal Access 165 CA1 speaker
These car speakers might be a little higher priced, but they are handmade and provide in France. Not only do they feature a well-crafted and durable construction, but they are also capable of producing amazing sound.
Access 165 CA1 are coaxial speakers that come with a rotating tweeter and a built-in crossover. The dome tweeter is inverted for clearer highs, and the crossovers send the different frequencies to the right components. The tweeters also rotate so you can direct the sound to your preferred location.
The woofer cone speaker can offer constructed from fiberglass and can handle hot and cold temperatures. This way, no matter the weather outside your audio will still sound amazing. You won’t notice any changes in sound quality.
- The 165CCA1 speakers come with a durable construction.
- With the built-in crossovers, components do not waste power.
- The tweeters can be rotated to where you want the sound directed.
- You’ll appreciate how easy the speakers are to install in almost any vehicle.
- These speakers are priced a little higher than some similar models.
10. Hertz Audio DCX 165.3 speaker
If you are looking for superior budget priced car speakers that are also easy to install, Hertz has a series that might appeal to you. The DCX 165.3 are also capable of the bet producing great audio and steady performance speaker.
The paper woofer cones stereo speaker aren’t as fragile as you might think. They are supported by a thermoplastic polyurethane surround. This allows for plenty of bass stereo, without the cones moving. You get the heavy sound you want at almost any volume.
The components are supported by crossovers, so frequencies go where there are supposed to. They have a sensitivity rating of 93dB and can handle up to 60 watts RMP. You can draw all the power you need from your car stereo for an enjoyable audio experience.
- Have a low impedance of 4 ohms.
- The paper woofer cones are supported by TPU.
- DCX 165.3 car speakers are priced for any budget.
- Crossovers help to ensure sound quality.
- High and low frequencies can be muddy at higher volume levels.
11. Polk Audio DB651 speaker
Polk car speakers are designed for clarity. They are also durable and affordably priced. You get factory speakers that have smooth responses, reproduce sharp details and can handle music at high volumes without distortion.
The woofers are constructed from a mica and polymer composite and surrounded by rubber surrounds. This protects the woofers from heat, cold and stress due to cranked up volumes. The tweeters are a blend of silk and polymer. They also have magnets to help deliver precise high frequencies.
There are also built-in crossovers so every frequency is sent to the right component. Add in stainless steel hardware for durability and ABS grilles for protection, you have a set of affordable car speakers that will last for years.
- Power range of 6 to 60 watts RMS.
- The frequency response is 35 to 22,000 Hz.
- Neodymium magnets in the tweeters produce a bright sound.
- The tweeters pivot so you can direct where the sound goes.
- The frequency response of these car speakers might not be able to handle lower bass.
Sound clarity is important when you are looking to replace your car speakers. The last thing you want is for your new speakers to sound the same as your old ones. Here are a few things you need to consider before installing the new set in your vehicle.
Type of Speakers
First, ask yourself if you listen to music with more highs or lows? This is important. Larger surface areas on the speakers are ideal for bass, while small ones are perfect for higher frequencies.
Component and full-range (coaxial) speakers are the two types of car speakers. Component speakers do offer the best in sound clarity for most frequencies, but coaxial ones are ideal for highs. Coaxial or full-range speakers are often lower priced than their component counterparts, but you can find some that are similarly priced. However, it is up to you to decide what you need in a car speaker.
One of the most important qualities in car speakers is their ability to reproduce high-quality sound. You can determine this by checking the speakers’ frequency range. The broader the range, the better the sound quality.
The lower ranges denote bass, while higher ones are for mid and treble. The standard for most affordable car speakers is 30 to 20,000Hz. You can find car speakers that go as low as 10 Hz. However, these do cost more and might not be worth it unless you listen to a lot of music with heavy, low bass.
Sensitivity refers to the measure of power produced between the speaker and stereo. You will want to check the specifications for your stereo, before connecting new speakers. In general, factory car stereos are relatively low power, but this does not take into account an external amp.
Pay attention to the maximum RMS, not the speakers’ peak power handling capabilities. Make sure that the speakers can handle the power from your car stereo. Most car speakers are 100 watts of RMP or a little less. This gives you room to add an external amp if you want.
The materials used in construction can vary, and this will affect sound quality. If you prefer warmer highs and mid tones, look for tweeters made from silk, blended textiles or polyurethane. If you want the sound to be crisp and pop, you’ll want a tweeter made from metal, graphite or ceramic.
You’ll also want to consider the shape of the tweeter, inverted cones tend to produce the best audio clarity.
There are few things to look for in a woofer. You want a large surface area for more airflow. You also want the material to be stiff, yet able to expand with the sound. This is why many of the top-rated woofer cones are constructed from polypropylene or other woven fabrics.
You can find inexpensive woofers with paper cones. They will be able to reproduce excellent bass. The only problem is the fragility of the paper, it usually doesn’t last long if you frequently play audio at high volumes.
Two or three-way
If you want accurate sound in the higher frequencies and fuller bass response, you will want a set of three-way car speakers. These speakers come with a tweeter, woofer and a mid-range component. With the wider frequency range, sound clarity is improved.
Two-way or coaxial car speakers are less expensive. They also do not have as broad of a frequency range as three-way models. This is due to the fact that they do not come with a mid-driver. Two-way speakers only consist of tweeters and woofers.
The price of the car speakers might seem to only apply to your budget and not audio clarity. However, sometimes it is worth it to pay a little more if you want optimal sound. You can find a wide selection of quality made car speakers that won’t break your budget.
When you are looking for a set of new car speakers, chances are the most important quality is sound clarity. You want the new speakers to be a vast improvement over your old ones, not have the same poor quality sound.
Choosing car speakers for clarity doesn’t have to be difficult. Just pay attention to the components and their construction.
Woofer cones made from polypropylene typically produce the best bass, and tweeters can be constructed from a variety of materials. You just have to think about how you like your highs to sound. If you like warmer tones, you’ll want silk tweeters. If you want your highs to pop, then look for harder materials.
You’ll also want to remember that rubber surrounds are better than foam or other materials when it comes to reducing distortion at high levels.
With a little bit of research from the above list, you’ll be able to find the perfect car speakers for your vehicle.